Monday, May 4, 2009

26.2 miles.....

Saturday (May 2) was my first group run for my marathon training. Yep, I have decided to train for a marathon! My friend from work Archana and I have joined NEOfit to train for our first full marathon, a whopping 26.2 miles. I did surprisingly well, despite the fact that I have been sick (hopefully NOT the swine flu) for a few days. But I managed to breeze through the 3 miles without a problem. Arch is affiliated with a group called ASHA for education, which raises money and resources for the education of tribal communities in Inida. They have parnered with NEOfit (North East Ohio Fitness) to give us access to group runs, training and education (proper hydration, shoe fitting, nutrition, etc.) to get us on our way to our first successful marathon. Check out the bottom of my blog, where I have placed a mile tracker. I should run over 200 miles while training for the marathon. I hope to run one by October. Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

ooo good luck with the marathon training! i'm impressed :)

Meghan said...

thanks! yes, it will be quite a challenge. i've kissed my friday nights goodbye.